Megg Thompson on Empowering Kids + The Adults That Take Care Of Them
Megg Thompson is a Certified Behavior Consultant and Family Coach empowering kids and the adults that take care of them. She believes that children are perfectly designed and equipped with the exact right tools to help them be their best. With a proactive and strength-based approach to behavior, Megg facilitates empowering relationships and nurturing environments where children thrive.
Megg is a dear friend of mine and was also my of honor. For those of you who are moms and want to pursue your passion and create a business, Megg has a special message for you. She’s an incredible example of someone who’s prioritized what’s most important in her life and created a business to support that. Megg and I go from her entrepreneurial journey of perseverance and determination to her work understanding child temperaments and empowering parent-child relationships.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- How Megg went from teaching to entrepreneurship and what it took to create a business
- How to get from a place of feeling like you can’t do it to achieving your goals
- Why your children don’t need to be fixed or diagnosed and what you can do instead
- How to understand your child’s temperament and empower your parent-child relationship
- Why teachers have difficulty working with some children and what you can do to help
- Why self-care is essential to being able to nurture others, including your children
- Turned to entrepreneurship after teaching Kindergarten for 10 years
- Persevered through numerous obstacles to build her successful consulting business
- Built a business on her passion of working with children who others find challenging
- Learned to understand temperament and what children really need
WHAT I ASK:
- What do you need to create a business as a working mom?
- How do we deal with the challenging behaviors of our children?
SOUL SHIFTING QUOTES:
“You don’t need to fix me. This is who I am.”
“Figure out who you are first and then assess your children.”
“I help families become stronger, to do more and to do less.”